business notification problems

RavinderFromIndiaRavinderFromIndia Member Posts: 13
Dear sir,
i have installed the BN server and BN client on my machine, and done everything required for this, but the mails are not going to the recepients.
and i also have added a new Business entity called customer in the XMLPort Designer and also created two events for this, but they are not added into the list of events in the client, when we create a new scheme and select event, then this new business entity(Customer) should also be added there so that we can define schemes for this. please tell me what i have to do for it.
please help

with regards:
Ravinder Kumar
Ravinder Kumar
From India

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    When you are starting the BN client, have you Navision client running with your DB open? BN client when is opening, connect to the running Navision client and read the events from the client. If you have another DB open, it can be problem...

Check, if you are working on the same DB as BN is configured for.

Check, if the MS SQL server is able to send e-mails.
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • RavinderFromIndiaRavinderFromIndia Member Posts: 13
    dear sir
    when i open my BN client while running the navision client it connects with the database. and also reading the events.
    but how will i come to know that this is the same database that i have installed BN server for.
    while installing the BN server we do not give any database name there.
    it asks only for Native and SQL database options.(i selected Native)
    one thing i want to tell you is that when i add any new event into the standard business entity(like ITEM). this event is shown into the BN client when i select the events for a particular scheme. but when i add a new business entity into the database like customer that is not shown there.
    what i have to do.
    please help.
    with regards:
    Ravinder Kumar
    Ravinder Kumar
    From India
  • RavinderFromIndiaRavinderFromIndia Member Posts: 13
    kine wrote:
    When you are starting the BN client, have you Navision client running with your DB open? BN client when is opening, connect to the running Navision client and read the events from the client. If you have another DB open, it can be problem...

Check, if you are working on the same DB as BN is configured for.

Check, if the MS SQL server is able to send e-mails.

Dear sir,
    i have installed the BN server and BN client on my machine, and done everything required for this, but the mails are not going to the recepients.
    and i also have added a new Business entity called customer in the XMLPort Designer and also created two events for this, but they are not added into the list of events in the client, when we create a new scheme and select event, then this new business entity(Customer) should also be added there so that we can define schemes for this. please tell me what i have to do for it.
    please help

with regards:
    Ravinder Kumar
    Ravinder Kumar
    From India
  • andy76andy76 Member Posts: 616
    I have a similar problem with NAV 5.0 and SQL Server 2005. Had you solved this? How?

Thank you.