Options

Business Central: Problem with creation of Docker BcContainer

Henrik698Henrik698 Member Posts: 12
Hi,
(sorry if wrong forum, correct option about BC was not present)
I want to create a BcContainer (Docker container). I have installed Docker Engine and the latest BcContainerHelper. I am now trying to execute:

$ArtifactURL = Get-BCArtifactUrl -type Sandbox -country dk
$containername = "(name)"

New-BcContainer -accept_eula `
-artifactUrl $ArtifactURL `
-containerName $containername `

But I keep getting an error:

docker: Error response from daemon: hcsshim::CreateComputeSystem (id):The request is not supported.

At Freddy's blog
(https://freddysblog.com/2020/10/12/troubleshooting-business-central-on-docker/)
you can see this possible reason:

hcsshim::CreateComputeSystem {ID}: The request is not supported. This error seems to appear when running different releases of the OS on the host and in the Container. Typically using hyperv isolation or installing latest Windows updates solves this issue. This might also be caused by trying to run in hyperv isolation when hardware or VM doesn’t support it.

I have tried with or without hyperv isolation. I have also tried with the switch -usebestcontainer without any luck.
Could it be an option to generate a container with another OS, and if so, does anyone know how? (is there e.g. a Powershell option?)
I am using Windows 11 on the host machine. I have previously had success with the installation on a Windows 10 machine.
Does anyone have any suggestions?