Options

Warehouse - NOT Direct Pick and Put-Away

Setting up Warehousing and not using Directed Pick and Put-Away, however, I can create Warehouse Shipments, but I can't create a Pick from the shipment. I get the message that nothing exists. Do you need to used Directed Pick and Put-Away to get a Warehouse Pick? Or is there another Form/Page available that I'm not seeing. Have looked in the Object Designer but no luck and can't find much documentation without Directed P&P.

Thanks,

Answers

• Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    You do not need to use "Directed Pick & Put-away".
    There are no bugs - only undocumented features.
  • Options
    KWevickKWevick Member Posts: 103
    I knew I don't need to use DPP, but I need to know if the Pick should work without it. Right now, I can't create a pick, although I can create a Warehouse Shipment. I am set up for the Pick and Shipment on the Location.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    You can use Inventory Pick and Inventory Put away, The one you wish to use from Warehouse Shipment will need Advance Warehousing means you need to enable the DPP flag.
  • Options
    bbrownbbrown Member Posts: 3,268
    "Inventory Pick and Inventory Put away" eliminates the separate "Warehouse Shipment". With it you lose the ability to track inventory that is picked but not shipped. As the action of posting the pick is also what ships the sales order.

The use of "Warehouse Shipment" does not dictate the use of "Directed Pick & Put-away". It's just that the system will not provide any guidance for the picks. It will simply tell you where the item should be (default bin). Thus you rely on the users to know the warehouse.

There are no bugs - only undocumented features.