Upgrade NAV to BC cloud

krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
I have done some upgrades from different versions of NAV to Cloud BC (if going from 1 pre-RTC NAV version to another pre-RTC NAV version was difficult, upgrading from NAV to BC cloud is HELL! At least once in the BC cloud, upgrading has been smooth sailing).
The last step is using the Microsoft Integration Runtime installed on your PC/server which connects to your SQL Server where you have your BC DB to be moved to the cloud.

I got to that point again, tried to connect from BC cloud but it didn't find it this time. Reading documentation, it stated that the latest version (=V5) should be used and I had V4. So I de-installed it and cleared the local data as stated in the help. Downloaded and installed V5 but then that requires a registration key which, as far as I remember, was not needed before. There is also a button on how to create one. This points to to a help page on how to do this. It let me create it, automatically download/install and register the Microsoft Integration Runtime. The webpage noticed it was online. So far so good.

Then I went to cloud BC, ran the Cloud Migration Management, put in all the parameters but it couldn't find the Microsoft Integration Runtime. Why not? It is active and works as confirmed by the installation/configuration/registration page. Why does BC not find it?
I haven't found and info about it.

Could it be because cloud BC and the creation of Microsoft Integration Runtime registration are using 2 completely different accounts (different domains)? This should not be the case as Microsoft Integration Runtime is defined as public and not private.

Any ideas?
Regards,Alain Krikilion
No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    Seems it was a problem that the MS Integration Runtime got confused because I had both a wireless connection AND a network cable plugged in. Once I removed the cable, it worked fine. Weirdly that removing the wireless connection and keeping the cable did not work. Probably something caused by my specific wired/wireless hardware combo.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!