Delete user ID from "user page list"

TModestTModest Member Posts: 6
Hi people,

On BC 14 (c/al still on premises) i am trying to delete a user from the list.
It doesn't allow me me to saying the following error:
"Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central

The user "XXXXX" cannot be deleted because the user has been logged on to the system. To deactivate a user, set the user's state to Disabled.
OK
"

We changed the user domain and created a new user ID for him, so the propose here is clean the history of it. Why can't we delete this old and not used user?
Disabling the user is the same as deleting him? Do i have a free slot on the license after that?

Thank you,
Tiago

Best Answer

• AluanAluan Member Posts: 158
    Answer ✓
    Hello TModest,
    you have to delete the User Personalization.

See here:
    https://www.kauffmann.nl/2014/10/29/dynamics-nav-user-cannot-be-deleted/

If you don't read the whole article, that's maybe important for you (it's at the bottom after Update):
    After I wrote this post, I got an email from Microsoft with an explanation that this behavior is by design. For audit reasons it should not be possible to delete a user, who has performed a transaction in the database. ...

Answers

• SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Disabling the user is the same as deleting him? Do i have a free slot on the license after that?

Yes, after you disable the old user, you can create the new user.
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • AluanAluan Member Posts: 158
    Answer ✓
    Hello TModest,
    you have to delete the User Personalization.

See here:
    https://www.kauffmann.nl/2014/10/29/dynamics-nav-user-cannot-be-deleted/

If you don't read the whole article, that's maybe important for you (it's at the bottom after Update):
    After I wrote this post, I got an email from Microsoft with an explanation that this behavior is by design. For audit reasons it should not be possible to delete a user, who has performed a transaction in the database. ...
  • TModestTModest Member Posts: 6
    Thank you all for your replies.
    Have a nice day,
    Tiago