How do I use Job Queue in Attain?

XWI9254XWI9254 Member Posts: 3
Hello all, I see that Job Queue is not available in Nav Attain(3.6). Is there any alternative that will allow me to run a specific codeunit periodically?

Thank you!

Best Answer

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    Answer ✓
    The only way to do that is having a PC with Navision open. In that session you open a dedicated page that has a timer on it. That runs a codeunit periodically. All errors in the codeunit must be intercepted so the page timer does not block.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    Answer ✓
    The only way to do that is having a PC with Navision open. In that session you open a dedicated page that has a timer on it. That runs a codeunit periodically. All errors in the codeunit must be intercepted so the page timer does not block.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• XWI9254XWI9254 Member Posts: 3
    edited 2021-03-19
    kriki wrote: »

Agree with you, after some research, I found Job Scheduler(not job queue) in Service Module. It basically runs timer, like you said, it must be open at all times and isn't stable(uses client, not the NAS).
    I used page triggers for my use case, and is working flawlessly so far
    Thank you for your help!