Options

Set Permission automatically.

we create a new extension. This new extension has some Tables, pages, codeunits.

Is it possible to create the required permission to all roles automatically?

Best Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Answer ✓
    You can create a new permission set when you created your extension with "Generate permissing" in VCCode:
    p4bcwr7dqhnc.png

This will generate a premissionset with the same name as your extension.
    But you still need to either set the permission set on all the users or create a user group to contain all the users that needs the permission
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    The XML file is automatisk imported can the permission set is created/modfied when you publish your extension.
    I have not yet tried it, but I think you could accomplish what you want, if you created a install codeunit :smile:
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    You can create a new permission set when you created your extension with "Generate permissing" in VCCode:
    p4bcwr7dqhnc.png

This will generate a premissionset with the same name as your extension.
    But you still need to either set the permission set on all the users or create a user group to contain all the users that needs the permission
  • Options
    shavighorstshavighorst Member Posts: 2
    thanks for your answer, that helps me. Now i'm thinking about developing a tool to import the generated xml and set the permission by default to all roles or is there such a tool?
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    The XML file is automatisk imported can the permission set is created/modfied when you publish your extension.
    I have not yet tried it, but I think you could accomplish what you want, if you created a install codeunit :smile: