Options

Converting from Option to Enum in Business Central

twimber2@gmail.comtwimber2@gmail.com Member Posts: 15
edited 2021-01-29 in NAV Three Tier
Hello All!

i have a problem and i'm not certain that i can get around it. I know that when the Option Type fields in Business Central were, well, still Option fields that we could not extend those options with additional values. That being said, we could still rename the captions. Now that everything is an Enum for the most part, i'm realizing that i cannot change the captions of those Enums, unless i am mistaken. Take the example below:

I have a customer that changed the Option values in NAV 2018 to , Inactive, Credit Hold, and Invoice. When they moved to Business Central, i could not find any way to accomplish this other than to change the caption on the customer card, which i know is not best practice. That being said, is there any way to accomplish this whatsoever in version 17?

modify(Blocked) { OptionCaption = ' ,Inactive, Credit Hold, Invoice'; }

in Version 17 (and possibly 16), the Blocked field on the Customer Table is an enum...so I cannot change the captions. Is there another way to do this? I know i could use a combination of creating new enums via an extension, and using valuesallowed = to only allow my new ones, but then i would have to reprogram everywhere in the system to use these instead of the default values.

I could also create my own enum on the table, and have validation in place where if they select one of the enum's, it updates the standard blocked field to be a matching value.

Is there anything i am missing? Thanks.