Options

NAV server down and client connect

I have a doubt.

NAV SQL clients connect to a DB as normal, but if the NAV Server service is down they continue to connect without problem. My question, what exactly is the NAV server service for?
I have completely shut down the server with NAV server, open the NAV client sql and can access all the data. So what happens?

Answers

• Options
    ThorelpoderosoThorelpoderoso Member Posts: 3
    the navision server (nav server), only installs if I'm going to use the native DB? not my case, I have the DB in SQL.

NAS, do you need the NAVserver to work or the NAV webservices?
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,096
    I don't know which is the name of the service you are looking at and neither which version of NAV you are talking about, but it looks like you have max NAV2009R2.
    So:
    you can have a NAV service which serves to let the RTC clients connect to NAV. If you don't use RTC clients, you don't need it.
    It is possible that it is the NAS Service (something like "Application Service" in the description) and the executable is nassql.exe. This service is used by job queue and everything that works in the background without a user being connected to NAV.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    irasoelbaksirasoelbaks Member Posts: 119
    The Nav Service Tier (Nst) also offers services like SOAP and maybe OData? Please provide more and useful information so you may get better answers.
  • Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    If your NAV Service tier is off then NAV Client wont be functional then how come you accessing the data?
    Service tier is the one where Data encashments happens.
    Sorry if I misunderstood something.