microsoft navision business notification in 4.0

jetins9810jetins9810 Member Posts: 55
hi
i have installed the business notification server and sql server on one computer and the notification client on the other computer, and then i connected the notification client with the notification server and it connected successful and also giving the message in the bottom that it has been connected, but when i click the send notification checkbox in the business notification setup form. the following message appears:

you have to install microsoft navision business notification to be able to send a notification.

(all the services required for this are running)

please give me the solution.

thanks in advance
With Thanks & Regards
Jetinder Saini...........
CorporateServe Solutions Pvt. Ltd......India

Comments

• willywilly Member Posts: 67
    Hi! Have you installed the (native) database server.? You will have to do that also.
  • jetins9810jetins9810 Member Posts: 55
    yes sir
    i have installed the native database while installing the navision notification server.
    i selected the native when it asks about the database.
    there were two options:
    native
    SQL
    i selected the native.
    now what to do next
    thanks for reply
    With Thanks & Regards
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) You are connecting to another DB than you set the BN for
    or
    2) You have some problems with the servers and there are warnings and errors in you event log on the server... check it...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jetins9810jetins9810 Member Posts: 55
    Thanks for reply

hi, can you clear first point in detail

1) You are connecting to another DB than you set the BN for

thanks in advance
    With Thanks & Regards
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    When you install MBS Business Notification Server, you are asked for two databases: MS SQL Database with BN Services and second one, Navision MS SQL or Native DB (you must select type and then enter the server name). BN is watching this DB Server and is sending messages about events in this server. BN run one Navision Application server (BN includes this NAS) and on first run, the NAS write parameters for connecting into table Property store (values BN_MessageBusUrl_0 and BN_PublishRetryTime_0). If this is not done, the error you have is showed. And there are two possible "why"...

1) Because you are connecting with your client to another DB than you select in BN installation (and of course in this DB are not saved the values in the Property store because NAS is connected to another server)

2) NAS for BN was not sucessfully started - you must have some warnings or errors in the event log on server where are you running this NAS...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • BruceBruce Member Posts: 26
    hi

In that Business Notification Setup,

Change "Connection Type" : TCps ----> TCP

& Then Click on the Check Mark.

Then it will not prompt the Error.

Regards,

Saumil Shah