Options

Workflow Setup question

mjrogersmjrogers Member Posts: 59
edited 2020-10-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi Guys,

I'm going around in circles a little bit with a workflow setup I need to do for my customer. Looking for any help if you have experience with this scenario.

There are 3 levels of approval based on value, 1: 0-5000, 2: 5001-200000 and 3: 200000 and above. So far so good and I can set this up in approval user setup.

Level 1 has 3 approvers, level 2 has 2 approvers and level 3 has 1 approver.
Everyone in their level needs to approve for it to go to the next level.
If an order is valued at level 3, level 1 and 2 need to also approve before level 3 approves.
If an order is valued at level 2, level 1 needs to approve before level 2.

So I'm working with Workflow groups, and approval values, but I'm not sure how to arrange the steps so that first level 1 does the approval, then depending on value, ask level 2, then depending on value ask level 3.

Anyone done anything like this before?

By the way, isn't MIBUSO covering BC?
TecSA Malaysia

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. -
David Brent

Answers

• Options
    AluanAluan Member Posts: 162
    Hello mjrogers,
    are you working with Business Central?
    I think one way to do this, is creating 3 Workflows.
    In the Condition you can set your Amount values, and then you need to create 3 different teams as well.
    0-5000 -> Your 3 approvers (Level 1)
    5001-200000 -> Your 3 Approvers (Level 1) + 2 Approvers (Level 2)
    >200000 -> Your 3 Approvers (Level 1) + 2 Approvers (Level 2) + 1 Approver (Level 1)
  • Options
    mjrogersmjrogers Member Posts: 59
    Thanks Aluan, almost got it - the only part this doesn't handle is that I shouldnt ask level 2 for approval until level 1 have completed their approvals. With your solution, if I understand correctly, with the >200000 workflow, all levels will be asked for approval immediately right?

Any ideas on how to separate that?
    TecSA Malaysia

Those of you who think you know everything are annoying to those of us who do. -
    David Brent
  • Options
    AluanAluan Member Posts: 162
    If you work with teams you can use the "Sequence No." Field.
    See here: https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav-app/across-how-to-set-up-workflow-users