Options

Dynamics NAV 2017 North America Tax per order

robertwendler@yahoo.derobertwendler@yahoo.de Member Posts: 27
edited 2020-10-06 in NAV Three Tier
Hi guys,

i have a question for Sales Orders in Standard. We have a webshop which is providing us all information like net / gross amount / tax rate / line discount.

Now we want to create sales orders based on these values, but actually we do not know how we have to setup the system.

- Do we need Tax area code?
- Can we just somehow manipulate Tax rate % and enter the correct amounts?

What would be the normal process if tax is not managed within NAV and the tax information comes from an external application and you need to enter this data correctly in a Sales Order to get correct G/L Entries + Tax Entries?

Any hints are appreciated.

Thanks.

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    AlexeyShaminAlexeyShamin Member Posts: 80
    edited 2020-09-30
    Hello!
    Try this one:
    1. Create VAT code setup
    2. In Sales Setup set Allow VAT Difference
    3. In GL Setup set Max. VAT Difference allowed
    4. In Sales Line use field VAT Difference (104) field to put information about difference between VAT from website and VAT calculated by NAV

Or you can try only 4th
  • Options
    Tried it, but it failed.

I have two problems.

1.) It will take the Tax rate % from the setup, If i work with tax area codes. Somehow i am not able to overwrite this in the NA version. I tried to change the VAT Identifier, Tax rate and Tax difference in the Sales Line. It will just use the setup values if i post or if i run the statistic.
    2.) I also tried to work without tax area code and work with or without "Price incl. Tax". I get a good calculation in the total group (right below the sales lines) - Amount excl. Tax, Amount incl. Tax, Tax amount looking fine, but the system will not create Tax Entries within the database.

The question is now:

How can you setup a NAV North America Version to use custom Tax rates which we get from the web shop to the sales order and get correct G/L Entries + Tax Entries?

We have the oppurtinity to change the logic (dev license), but we want to understand first if that is possible in Standard NAV.
  • Options
    looks like this is working. We will try to solve our case like this. Thanks
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,089
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!