Database size 2.60F

rwrrwr Member Posts: 7
edited 2005-09-07 in Navision Financials
Hi all,
we use Navision Financials 2.60F in company and licensed DB size is 64GB. Current size of native DB is 27GB, but somebody told me, that limitation of version 2.60 is only 32GB. Is it true? I have splitted DB in 16 files (16x2GB). Max count of files is 16, but I would like to ask you, if we can resize files for example to 3GB files?

Thanks.

Comments

• PeeweePeewee Member Posts: 2
    No problem.

2.60.F can handle 64Gb databases. I even think you can take it up to 128GB if you want.

For NAvision 4.0 the official max size is 256GB. The maximum number of parts is still 16 though.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can resize to 3GB files, limit is only the filesystem and OS system. Fat32 support only max 4GB files (16x4GB = 64GB - limit of DB on FAT32 filesystem). If you are using NTFS you can have bigger DB...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • rwrrwr Member Posts: 7
    Thank you, I will try it.
  • KowaKowa Member Posts: 923
    If you upgrade the Clients and Server technically to 4.0/3.70 while still using the 2.60F Objects you can increase the size to 256 GB also ( new licence may be needed)
    Kai Kowalewski
    Ok, but problem is that our NSC told, you have to pay about 2000€ for new license. Maybe there is the problem. I heard about technologic upgrade to 3.6/4, NSC told, we will have to rewrite objects and codes :(
  • Edward_BloomfieldEdward_Bloomfield Member Posts: 155
    Hello,

There are two ways to "upgrade"

a) Full upgrade: Objects & executables. This is where the client and the database objects are updated. This is when objects & code have to be rewritten. This is the expensive bit.

b) Executable upgrade. You run your "old" database in the new environment. This gives you the benefit of greater file size etc, but you are still using the "old" objects.

In the UK in both cases, provided you pay annual MBS upgrade support, the licence update is free of change when required. I would speak to your NSC and see if you have been paying MBS for this.
    Edward Bloomfield

Lead Consultant
    Theta
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    You can just restore a 2.60 database in a 3.70 client.

You will be using 2.60 functionality with technical possibilities of 3.70.

You can do this yourself. No programming is required.

Update your License like Edward said.
  • kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    BUT!!! To be able to use 3.70, you MUST pay Maintenance. But it is common in Czech that companies say - No, it is too high cost, we will not pay the Maintenance - and in this case, if you want to use newer version, you must back-pay the Maintenance fees (but calculated with higher percentage)...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
    Ok, we paid this fee till this year.
    Ok, I finnished thinking about upgrade, it is impossible. There is except DB size one problem yet, and it is error 1355 in module 19. Yes, I read topics with this problem, but no usable solutions. We know reason, that's all. Can anybody help me to solve this problem? This error occures during generating of any report.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,110
    rwr wrote:
    Ok, I finnished thinking about upgrade, it is impossible. There is except DB size one problem yet, and it is error 1355 in module 19. Yes, I read topics with this problem, but no usable solutions. We know reason, that's all. Can anybody help me to solve this problem? This error occures during generating of any report.
    I had this problem lately, when I was running something that changed a lot of things. I just removed some indexes, so it would go faster and the problem was gone.
    So for fixing the probel in your report, check if you have the correct indexes for reading. If you are writing a lot, try to delete some indexes you don't use. Removing indexes is not so easy, you have to study all the code.
    For getting some more DB-space, try to Optimize the tables, Launch date compressions, put some old not-used data in another DB,...
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

I optimize tables min. each month, I'm not able to delete indexes, because I don't have programmer license. Old data are removed before optimization.