Options

RDLC problem

Henrik698Henrik698 Member Posts: 12
Hello,
I am creating a report in Business Central, using Microsoft SQL Server Report Builder. The report has a tablix where it iterates lines. The lines have a field called "Line category". There is a repeater and for every line I want to control if the line gets displayed or not. I therefore select a row and select the property "Visibility". For the visibility, I select the option "Show or hide based on an expression". I want the lines to be displayed if the category is = 4, so my expression for "Hidden" is:

=iif(Fields!LineCategory.Value=4,false,true)

For some documents it works, but suddenly I have a document where the document lines are not displayed although their category is = 4.
Could there be some property I have missed which suppresses the display of the lines?
Thx for any good suggestions :-)

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Mystery solved
    Below the main group there is another group, "Details". There was a visibility formula in this group which suppressed lines if a certain column was blank. And that just happened to be the case in the document which gave the strange results.

Answers

• Options
    PS to this post: I have found out that it is probably not the visibility that has any errors. It seems that for some reason the repeater only displays the first line out of 4 lines in the dataset which is returned by the BC framework. But this only happens for one document so far. For other documents, it works fine. Any clues why the RDLC framework would display some rows in the dataset but not others? (and it has nothing to do with the visibility property, I have set it to "Show" for all lines in the tablix repeater).
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    Mystery solved
    Below the main group there is another group, "Details". There was a visibility formula in this group which suppressed lines if a certain column was blank. And that just happened to be the case in the document which gave the strange results.