Options

Item Transfers Problem

ChristosHSLChristosHSL Member Posts: 4
Dear All

Is there any way to deactivate the "Item .... is not on inventory" warning?
This way I can post all the pending transfers withoud the need of making an adjustment in and out for each item.
If there is a way or walkthough please let me know.

Thank you in advance.

Comments

• Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    If you would do transfers for an item which is not in stock then the "Adjust Cost Item Entries" report could not apply the the right cost to the items in the new location, as these have to be taken from a physically available item in the old location.

One workaround is to create two item journal lines with negative and postive adjustments instead, but in this case take care that the item cost in the line for the new location is correct. The default value is copied from the item card (or SKU Card if SKU's are used)

You need not worry about the item cost in the journal line for the old location, as this is reevaluated by in the
    "Adjust Cost Item Entries" report to the field "Cost Amount (Actual)" in the Item Ledger Entries.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    Yes, it is base problem, which you must solve: Why you need transfer something what is not there??? It will bring only problems...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    kine wrote:
    Yes, it is base problem, which you must solve: Why you need transfer something what is not there??? It will bring only problems...
    This problem often occurs because the shipment postings can not be done in "real time". If items are shipped to the main distibution centre ( but have not yet been posted) , someone from a store calls on the phone to order an urgently needed item, the warehouse employee sees it is there and wants to post the transfer.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    But in this case it is all about Company processes etc. - because what will you do if someone sell this transfered items through some Sales Order (he do not know, that it was transfered), and now you want to post the transfer order. You have negative stock - it means, you sell something, what is not there - you must revert this back and after that, you can post the transfer... But transfering something what is not there, is not possible... it leads to splitting reality and system state...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    malmensmalmens Member Posts: 2
    Hi,

I'm not sure if this relates to your exact problem

We have experienced a problem with Item not on inventory when processing the receipt side of a transfer order. The shipment transaction work correctly and moved the inventory to the transit location. But the system doesn't "see" the inventory in the transit location when processing the receipt.

The problem has been intermitent and not reproducable so we changed the receipt to a Negative adjustment on the transt location and a positive adjustment on the To location.
  • Options
    illugillug Member Posts: 21
    Hi ...

I seem to be having the same problem as malmens. The receive will fail saying item is not on inventory. If I set the quantity to receive to zero, post the receipt and then set the quantity for the item that failed back to what it was and post again, it will post OK.

The version is 3.70A. This is happening frequently and is always the same. I can always post again with only the item(s) that failed and it will go right through.

Any ideas?
  • Options
    mrQQmrQQ Member Posts: 239
    I have experienced this problem with SQL versions since 3.60 I think. For some reason, in C22, function ApplyItemEntries, when doing NEXT navision won't see record even though it is there. It's reproducable, but only happens in some specific conditions (i didnt manage to figure them out). I have a fix I made, which makes no sense whatsoever, but works for some reason.

As for original question, you should use item reservations if you dont want your stock to be used by others. You *cannot* do transfers if there aint enough inventory.

You can do negative/positive adjustment as suggested. You however wont be able to apply those two entries as they are on different location.
  • Options
    In this case, see my last answer on
    http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=6267

It is solving such a things, when Navision "do not see" some records etc...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    my solution is simplier :)
  • Options
    But if you do negative/positive adjustment, it will corrupt possible charges assigned to the items, doesn't it? You are solving effect, I am solving reason... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    No, I didn't post my solution yet. It solves specifically the problem of Navision not seeing those records.
  • Options
    illugillug Member Posts: 21
    Thanks kine for your answer. I had actually found that thread but have not put it to the test, but will soon.