Options

Job Queue entry

liizzliizz Member Posts: 125
Hello,

I am currently using NAV2016. I want to know what causes the job queue entry to set the status as Finished? At times, the status of the job queue entry has a status as Ready but the message indicating "Metadata is not in sync for table with ID XXXX. Please try again or contact your system administrator" is appearing on the Show Error screen.

Please note that the Job queue entry is dedicated to send email notifications.

Thanks to reply.

Answers

• Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    Finished is a transient status, like In Process is. Refresh (F5) the Job Queue Entry page and you should see the status change to Error or Ready.

If you are getting a metadata error, that means code got deployed and the job queue service tier was not restarted.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Options
    Hello,

Thanks.

However the status remains Finished until a manual intervention is done to "set Status to Ready" for the Job Queue.
  • Options
    kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    Then it is getting an error. If Show Error for that job queue entry has nothing, check the event log on the server that hosts that job queue service tier. There should be an error logged there.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Options
    Thanks! I got the metadata error when I did "Show error". But I was able to run the concerned table from the Object Design without any issue.
  • Options
    Hello.

I have a NAS server instance which is linked to the job queue and automatically send mail notifications. The Job Queue Entry has a status as Finished and no error message is displayed when doing "Show Error. Can you please tell me whether NAS previously had an issue and which was corrected in later CU.

Thanks