MBS Nav 2018 cu23 - Role Center starting page is empty

ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 664
Hello all,

I have created a database of MBS Nav 2018 cu23 with alot of customizations.

When the database has no users, when I enter the rtc I see all menus and can search and find any object (in the search text box at the upper right corner).

If I create a User and re-open the rtc client, the starting page is empty, and not even any items on the ribbon, and I cant even find anything in the search box.

When I delete that user (I first delete the user personalisation), and re-open the rtc client, the main page returns to normal.

I have tried:
1) putting profiles on that user, set its role center to everything that is already there already created by default, but with no success.
2) changed the license of the database from the customer's license to our own developer's license but with no change on the problem.
3) created my own role center page, but it turned out empty also.

I don't know how to research or debug something like that.
Any help would be appreciated.

Thanks in advance...

Best Answer

  • ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 664
    Accepted Answer
    UPDATE: I figured out what was the problem.

    I have copied all the data from a 2009 R2 database to the 2018 database (with sql scripts).

    The copy process included the Permission table, which deleted the existing records and copied the records from the old database.

    That caused the SUPER role to have problematic entries in the Permission table. i.e. it had entries for form and dataport object types which are not valid any more (where not having proper descriptions when opening the Permission table with filter Role ID = SUPER.

    I fixed those entries by hand in the sql by seeing the correct entries in a Cronus 2018 database and the Role Center started appearing correctly.

    I hope this post proves to be useful to someone.

Answers

  • ArhontisArhontis Member Posts: 664
    Accepted Answer
    UPDATE: I figured out what was the problem.

    I have copied all the data from a 2009 R2 database to the 2018 database (with sql scripts).

    The copy process included the Permission table, which deleted the existing records and copied the records from the old database.

    That caused the SUPER role to have problematic entries in the Permission table. i.e. it had entries for form and dataport object types which are not valid any more (where not having proper descriptions when opening the Permission table with filter Role ID = SUPER.

    I fixed those entries by hand in the sql by seeing the correct entries in a Cronus 2018 database and the Role Center started appearing correctly.

    I hope this post proves to be useful to someone.
Sign In or Register to comment.