Filter on Customer Table with Fields from Customer 2

EmazEmaz Member Posts: 18
edited 2020-07-07 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

maybe someone have an Idea how to use this problem:

I created a Table "Customer 2" (PK: Cust No (of Course)). In this table I added different Fields and show this Fields in the customer list (Page 22).
Now I want to Filter on this fields.

It unfortunately does not work because I have two different source Tables.

I can´t use FilterPageBuilder. It only works with the Customer No.. All other Fields in my Customer 2 are not in the Customer Table.

How can i solve this issue?

Thank you.

Answers

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Just curious - why did you decide not to create a tableextension? That takes care of your issue without any programming.
  • EmazEmaz Member Posts: 18
    Hi DenSter,

because I develop still in the Development Environment in C/AL.
    I thougt, that Tableextension are only possible for Dynamcis 365 BC...
  • AlexeyShaminAlexeyShamin Member Posts: 80
    In page you can use in filter only fields from record. so you have next ways:
    1. Add in Customer table flowfields (fields from Customer 2), add to the page.
    2. Create your out filter functionality. Like attributes filter in Items
    Hi AlexeyShamin,

I can´t add any fields more in the customer table (cause of Table record size). This is why I had to create the customer 2 table.

regards
    emaz
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Emaz wrote: »
    because I develop still in the Development Environment in C/AL.
    I thougt, that Tableextension are only possible for Dynamcis 365 BC...
    Well why don't you just add the field to the table then? You understand correctly - no table extensions in C/AL

Hi,
    because I can´t add any fields more in the customer table (cause of Table record size).
  • PhoguePhogue Member Posts: 76
    What about creating the table 2 with a Customer No. as reference to the Customer table, then adding your custom fields afterwards?
    Hi,
    the pk of customer 2 is of course the customer No.. The Fields in Cust 2 are also added in the customer list and page. But it is not possible to filter on this fields.
    i would like to know how to do this.
  • ShaiHuludShaiHulud Member Posts: 228
    Doesn't what AlexeyShamin propose work? FlowFields are not actually stored in the database, so they shouldn't count towards the record size limit. I don't have any "wide" enough table to try it out on right now, but I think it should work, creating FlowFields on Customer table, looking up fields on Customer 2 table.