Experience with local standard functions in AL

Hello everybody,

in AL we have the problem that a local table-function cannot be accessed from a TableExtension and therefore standard functions can often no longer be used.
I find this particularly annoying because
  • Standard functions increasingly include event publishers, so duplicating into the TableExtension is problematic (and an unpleasant way anyway)
    In addition, local functions often call other local functions and so on, which would then have to be duplicated.
  • I have the impression that Microsoft increasingly switch standard functions from global to local to prevent breaking changes.
  • It is not possible to set local standard functions to global without standard intervention. Standard interventions have been discontinued for the future.

The problem that you cannot use local standard functions from outside continues with standard codeunits, so that you cannot access the local functions of the standard codeunit via a codeunit-variable.

Here I would be very interested in how others deal with these restrictions and I am grateful for all ideas / experiences / workarounds!

Blue