Options

Business Central build numbers

PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
With Dynamics NAV, things were easy: if you downloaded a cumulative update, buildnr of platform and application were the same. If you would download NAV 2018, it would be build 11.0.41920.0, for example. That changed with Business Central, in which the platform-and application buildnumbers are different. This was well documented on the downloads, and the executables clearly stated the buildnumber of the platform, so still nice.

However, with version 16 (2020 spring release), another number is introduced. If I take a look at the download of the may 2020 update (https://support.microsoft.com/nl-nl/help/4549687/released-updates-for-microsoft-dynamics-365-business-central-2020) it's stating application build 16.1.12805, platform build 16.1.12758. So, no change there. However, if I then take a look at the versionnumbers on an executable (for example, Microsoft.dynamics.nav.server.exe), the productversion is 16.0.12630.12758.

Where does that 12630 come from?

Answers

• Options
    PatrickGrabensteinerPatrickGrabensteiner Member Posts: 10
    Hi don't know where it comes from, but i can tell you how i use the version numbers.
    Since BC15 Microsoft is counting the minor version upward so i just check the first two numbers

e.g.
    16.0 CU0
    16.1 CU1
  • Options
    PoltergeistPoltergeist Member Posts: 200
    Hi Patrick,

I know... If they would use that numbering also in the platform executables, that would be great... However, they are still using 16.0 for that...