Custom Sales Invoice Numbers

Hi, we have a setup in No. series which creates records in Sales Invoice Header with numbers from our invoice numbers range.
Now, I would need to have an option to post extra invoices with custom numbers different from our numbers range (creating for us by external partner).
If I put this custom number into Sales Header, it won't let me post it, because of the check of No. series range.
Is there an option besides switching No. series in Sales & Receivables Setup or adding and deleting records in No. Series Line after each extra invoice?
Thanks!

Answers

• DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You can set up the number series to accept custom numbers by turning on 'Manual Nos.' in the number series.
    52s67cl3mlut.png
    The screenshot shows the default number series for Sales Orders in a standard CRONUS US database. By default this does not allow custom numbers, but if you put a checkmark in the 'Manual Nos.' field, you should be allowed to enter any number you want.
  • miknavmiknav Member Posts: 13
    DenSter wrote: »
    You can set up the number series to accept custom numbers by turning on 'Manual Nos.' in the number series.

Hi, I have already tried that, but Manual Nos. doesn't seem to have any effect- CheckAcceptabilityDocNo triggered by this code in CU80 fires error anyways:

b564t2gvjcqm.png
  • DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    That looks like custom code to me, so you'll have to find out what that is supposed to do yourself. There is no "CheckAcceptability" function in standard NAV or Business Central See if you have a way to find out what "CO4.20" means, hopefully you can find documentation that describes the functionality.
  • RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    @MikeNav - As per the standard out of the box functionality we have both the options available as you want NAV to generate a number or you want to have a custom number of yourself and both can also work at a time, so the only thing you need to do id you need to check your custom code and see if its not entertaining the manual one?