Options

Forfeiting payment discounts

triciaallisontriciaallison Member Posts: 20
If an invoice is created for a customer, and they were offered a terms discount, but did not take it (they paid the full invoice amount), we consider that discount forfeited. How can we then enter the cash receipt and apply it to the invoice, without ending up with a credit balance for the customer?

Thanks!

Comments

• Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Hi,

Have you tried changing the field
    Remaining Pmt. Disc. Possible

In the customer ledger entry before applying?

You can do this by puching F2 in the customer ledger entry form.

I have not tested it, so I hope it works.
  • Options
    triciaallisontriciaallison Member Posts: 20
    Yes - I tried that, but it does not work. Thanks, anyways!
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Hi,

I'm sorry it does not work.

If you understand C/Side code you can have a look at codeunit 12. Here is most of the Payment Discount thing done.

If you want to change code you can do it here, the customer ledger entry is created here, also the applying of entries is done here.

At first the code may seem a bit complex but once you get is there is nothing to it.

If you want to learn about the posting process in navision, a tip can be to first look at an older navision version such as 1.3 or 2.01. The structure is basicly the same, but newer version have more complex options added such as detailed entries, payment tollerance etc.

Maybe you can use payment tollerance for your problem, set it to the same percentaga as the payment discount.

I hope this information helps, otherwise try to forget is asap. :D
  • Options
    welfordmwelfordm Member Posts: 9
    You could always change the Pmt. Discount Date field in the customer ledger entry i.e. make the date before the cash receipt date prior to posting and the program should regard the payment as too late for discount
    Matthew Welford