How to configure Role Center based on the user's department?

Hi friends,

[Version: NAV 2018]

Requirement: When a user from Sales department opens NAV, then he should open only Sales related stuffs.

What I did?
1. Created AD groups based on the departments say Sales, Purchase etc., (Each AD group contains one or more users.)
2. Users group added in Users (in NAV 2018), and selected License Type s Windows Group. Individual user belongs to Sales department also added.
3. Created new User Group (in NAV 2018) and listed permissions those are related to Sales department. Default Profile has been given as Sales Order Process.
4. In User Personalization, I have created the AD user group and assigned the profile ID of Sales Order Process.

Issue: When the user opens NAV, he is seeing the default page where it is configured in Profiles configuration page. Also, the Departments tab is displaying where he can able to browse to all the modules which is to be restricted.

May I know where I am going wrong and can anyone let me know what should be done to open NAV with the Role Center page default to the department to which the user belongs to?

Thanks in advance, Aarvi.

Comments

• kylehardinkylehardin Member Posts: 257
    If it is just sales, you might try Responsibility Centers.
    Kyle Hardin - ArcherPoint
  • Aravindh_NavisionAravindh_Navision Member Posts: 258
    edited 2020-04-20
    Thank you very much for your response kyledardin.

I ran a command through command prompt and sorted it out.

Before that we have to browse to the RoleTailored Client folder path.

Path: C:\Program Files (x86)\Microsoft Dynamics NAV\90\RoleTailored Client

Then run the Command: Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.exe -configure - profile:"<Profile Name>"

Thank you once again !!

Cheers, Aarvi