Options

Arabic Letter convert to Junk when importing Translation File(Business Central 14.0.4114-On Premise)

When i am trying to import the Translation file from development environment by going to Tools->Translate->Import. The caption in the translation file is in Arabic but when i import them it changes to Junk characters. I have changed the System Locale to Arabic. This problem happens in the Windows Server 2012R2.

The same above mention thing i do in my personal laptop it happens correctly.

emmcd8n3w1s9.png

Best Answer

• Options
    xStepaxStepa Member Posts: 106
    Answer ✓
    have you restarted the server?
    Regards
    xStepa

Answers

• Options
    sameervirmani1986sameervirmani1986 Member Posts: 7
    As Business central doesn't have Arabic Language i have used ENG as language code and writing Arabic in the caption
  • Options
    You might have set different language for non-unicode apps on your laptop ... you can try to set it the same way also on your server, but personally I would prefer to use a translation file on your NST:
    https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/previous-versions/dynamicsnav-2015/dn479852(v=nav.80)?redirectedfrom=MSDN
    Regards
    xStepa
  • Options
    Hi Xstepa, When you say "you might have set different Language for non-unicode Apps on your laptop", what does it mean. I only want to import the Translation file after adding another language with Arabic Text.
  • Options
    edited 2020-04-07
    just check this setting on your laptop and on your server ... the server has US English for sure ...
    https://winaero.com/blog/change-system-locale-in-windows-10/
    Regards
    xStepa
  • Options
    Hi xStepa , Thanks for the reply. I have already changed system Locale. Still there is no success.
  • Options
    Answer ✓
    have you restarted the server?
    Regards
    xStepa
  • Options
    but this is still just a work-around (as the DEV client is still a non-unicode programm and depends on system locale settings) ... I would strongly suggest to use a translation file as I mentioned before, to prevent problems with codepages on different machines ...
    Regards
    xStepa
  • Options
    Hi Sorry by mistake i have checked as solution, I have restarted server and changed system locale. I can type in Caption ML property in Arabic only thing is if i import file the arabic data gets converted to junk. I don't know where it is stuck.
  • Options
    Hi can this issue happen because of Collation
  • Options
    Hi, this is not a problem of collation (because the database is not touched in fact except object) - the problem is, that the caption is saved as 8bit ASCII and the displayed value depends on your system locals. When you type it on laptop manually, it works - when you try to import it from unicode file, some conversion has to be done and it fails ...
    Regards
    xStepa