Fail in running NAV BC on Prem & CRM on Prem integration

Hi all,

Have an installation of Dyn CRM on Prem and BC 13 on Prem and I'm trying to configure the connection between the two of them to replicate data from one to the other.

I'm configuring the D365 Connection Setup with user pass and everything goes through well, the standard table/field mappings are created, jobs are created.

In the first attempt when full sync was used all customers and contacts from CRM came to BC. When changing a record in CRM, an update came in BC. Then all of a sudden the jobs or something started to act really weird: jobs appeared in progress for a very long time without bringing anything in, a change was done in BC, the customer sync job was processed fine but the change was not seen in CRM, and in most of the cases jobs were in a status "On Hold with Inactivity Timeout".

I tried configuring the connection using the assist edit - Dynamics 365 for sales connection but this is asking for email and password. This does not work saying that the user must be a valid D365 for Sales account. I guess this is because I am using an on prem connection and login is done with user and password.

This is the first time when I am attempting this sort of connection and was wondering if someone else had any experience with this. At the moment really considering web services custom dev to integrate data between the two.

Thanks !!!!