Options

Problem with already existing Posted Document Dimension

Peter_KuiperPeter_Kuiper Member Posts: 19
We've had a problem that a record in "Posted Document Dimension" already existed, while posting an invoice, at the point where these records are inserted. This gave an error and we could fix it by deleting the orphan in table 359, but we haven't found the reason for this.

Has anyone had this before? Is there a hotfix for this problem?

Comments

• Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    1) Which version you are using?

2) It can be because the DB was "Cleared" - there was some posted entries and someone wanted to clear the company and forgot to clear the table "Posted Document Dimension".

3) Some customization is creating the entries once more...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    1) 3.70 NL (Dutch version)
    2) No, this company has never been cleared. I know this for sure.
    3) I've checked all the customized code, but couldn't find any code that could cause this problem. We use the standard posting routines and aren't modifying those tables ourselves.

No one has had this before?
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    You can run Client monitor and Code coverage, filter for insertion for this table, this PK, and look where it is inserted...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    That would be an option if the problem was reproducable, but that's not the case. We've had only one ocassion where the record unexpectedly existed already, but normally it works fine.
    However, the customer wants to know how this could happen and that is our problem now.
  • Options
    Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Hi,

If there is no error in the code, perhaps the customer has messed up his data.

E.g.: Created a posted document and renamed it, reset the noseries. The posted document dim is not renamed in that case.
  • Options
    I'm not saying there is no error in the code. I think there must be an error in the standard navision code, but only under special circumstances, e.g. an error occurs somerwhere else and a COMMIT is not placed correctly, or something like that.
    The customer hasn't messed up his data. The change log is enabled for the posted document tables, and this doesn't show any user-modification for these tables.