Report- Fit to size

kenlkenl Member Posts: 182
Hello,

I am using Na4.00, OS: WinXp, with default paper size as A4.

I create a report with 20 columns. When I preview the report, most of the columns are out of the paper size.

How can I print the report (with 20 columns) on A4 paper? Is it possible to "fit to size" (auto zoom)?

Thank.

Comments

• kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    No, there is no Autofit... (you can try driver settings). generaly you need modify your report to print landscape and use smaller font, smaller columns...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • jhoekjhoek Member Posts: 216
    That's right. It's usually easiest to set the report width (by setting one section width) before you start adding controls. Remember that the section width is given in 1/100 mm in the Properties window.
    Kind regards,

Jan Hoek
    Product Developer
    Mprise Products B.V.
  • Marije_BrummelMarije_Brummel Member, Moderators Design Patterns Posts: 4,262
    Hi,

You can use the Excel Buffer Table and easily transfer your values to excel, then print there.

Look in Report 29 for examples.

For financial reporting this is the easiest. It is usualy faster than creating a Navision Report.
  • DoomhammerDoomhammer Member Posts: 211
    excel buffer is great! functionality, but one attention. for example in our CZECH version of Excel is command SUMA instead of SUM. so we needed to modify sum function in excel buffer in order to correct sum function in excel buffer.
    Martin Bokůvka, AxiomProvis
  • Guga84Guga84 Member Posts: 24
    kenl wrote:
    Hello,

I am using Na4.00, OS: WinXp, with default paper size as A4.

I create a report with 20 columns. When I preview the report, most of the columns are out of the paper size.

How can I print the report (with 20 columns) on A4 paper? Is it possible to "fit to size" (auto zoom)?

Thank.

So...

Does anybody know if this is posible?
  • SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    there are 4 posts telling you how to handle it.

using Navision
    -I usually go to landscape and make fonts smaller and use Arial Narrow.

-Perhaps, you print driver is sophisticated enuf to autosize most cannot

using other program
    -The other suggestion was bring it into excel and use excel's Autofit feature to do what you want.

-How about Print it to a PDF file and use Acrobat's sizing feature.