BC15 - more than 5 decimal places for a currency

BartikBartik Member Posts: 9
Hi guys,

we've come across a first large issue with the newest version of BC. I need to set a currency to operate with 8 decimal places (Bitcoin). So I did the usual trick with "General Ledger Setup"."Amount Decimal Places" and "General Ledger Setup"."Amount Rounding Precision" in code, which was successfully set to 2:8. Then I need to set the same value in the Currency record of BTC:

wk2vosxxe4gg.png

Problem is with a field Currency."Amount Decimal Places". In the standard code, it has a property DecimalPlaces set to 2:5:

qbb27i0x9lgt.png

And I am not able to change that property using an extension:

szldfu0bwdh9.png

Does anyone have experience with this / idea how this can be changed? To be honest, I am struggling without RTC, everything takes longer than before. Version of BC is 15.2.

Thank you

Answers

• SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    What you do is:
    Change the visibility on the standard field of the page, then you add a new field with the decimal places you wish to create.
    That is the only way you can do it, without modifying the base app.
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • BartikBartik Member Posts: 9
    Thanks for the comment. However since this field is heavily used through the application, it would mean to change the source of the rounding everywhere. I guess that is not an option.