Generate Empty Row

yugi200186yugi200186 Member Posts: 20
Hi, i'm building a report with Sales Invoice Header as a parent dataset and Sales Invoice Line as child dataset.
I want the report to generate 10 rows before page break.

1st. If the records per document no in sales line is less than 10 records, for example only 6 records, then it will generate 4 empty rows.
2nd. If the records per document no in sales line is more than 10 records, for example only 14 records, then it will show first 10 records then the remaining 4 is on next page.

How to generate empty sales line records for first case ? I heard some people suggest using integer however i never used it. Can someone explain to me using this example ? Thanks

Answers

• TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    edited 2020-02-18
    If this is about rdlc report lay-out, try grouping your data and use page breaks to achieve your goal. These are all properties in the lay-out design.
  • yugi200186yugi200186 Member Posts: 20
    TallyHo wrote: »
    If this is about rdlc report lay-out, try grouping your data and use page breaks to achieve your goal. These are all properties in the lay-out design.

Is there a way to do it on c/al side ? using ssrs to group it is possible but i want to know whether it's possible to do it using c/al dataset or codes.
  • TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    Why would I help you with something that wil bring only sorrow?
    Just take my advice.. or torture yourself with adding integer dataitems to your report to create 'empties'.