The text 'generatesymbolreference Database=xxx ServerName=xxx' is too long

airamairam Posts: 76Member
hi, I'm trying to run the below command

.\finsql.exe Command=generatesymbolreference, Database="Demo Database BC (14-0)", ServerName="xxx"

but i'm getting the below error

Microsoft Dynamics NAV Development Environment
The text 'generatesymbolreference Database=Demo Database BC (14-0) ServerName=xxx' is too long. Text can have a maximum length of 47 characters.
OK

any ideas pls?

Answers

• airamairam Posts: 76Member
    actually all commands from BC Shell are giving me the same error...
  • SilverXSilverX Posts: 127Member
    You have to use spaces after the commas. Without spaces everything is handled as a value to command.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.
  • airamairam Posts: 76Member
    thanks for your feedback, however I am already using spaces after the commas.. I tried with spaces before, after, no spaces, no commas .. all giving an error
  • SilverXSilverX Posts: 127Member
    Oh, well. Now I see your ./ in front of finsql.exe. Can you please try to run the command in a Command Shell instead of PowerShell? I remember you have to mask the command in PS. If you need it in PowerShell, please refer to Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Ide.psm1 and see how RunNavIdeCommand is implemented or use the PowerShell wrapper directly.
    Cheers
    Carsten

==> How To Ask Questions The Smart Way
    This post is my own opinion and does not necessarily reflect the opinion or view of my employer.