Options

Drop Ship Purchase orders being released by warehouse shipment

jbrajbra Member Posts: 32
NAV18 with Advanced warehousing - If we have a sales order with 3 items. A, B, & DropShip

Items A & B can ship from our warehouse, today. The sales order gets released, the DropShip PO is generated through the requisition worksheet and is now on a PO. For wherever reason, the buyer has not ready to release the purchase order today (usually waiting on a confirmation of some type).

The problem comes when the warehouse ships items A & B. Posting that shipment auto-releases the DropShip purchase order (that's not ready to release). Is there a setting that can prevent the auto-release of purchase orders?

Best Answer

• Options
    golfergolfer Member Posts: 88
    Answer ✓
    The PO is not released in the described scenario in standard NAV/BC, so I guess you have some modifications doing this.

Answers

• Options
    RockWithNAVRockWithNAV Member Posts: 1,139
    I didn't understood your question but Drop Ship has nothing to do with your internal Warehouse.
  • Options
    jbrajbra Member Posts: 32
    all the items are on one sales order. When the warehouse items ship, the drop ship PO is updated to released. And we don't expect that.

The original ticket is from our buyer. Described as, DropShip POs are getting Auto-released. We turned on the change log to track status of a PO. Results returned that a warehouse employee was releasing the purchase order. We knew he was not going to the PO and releasing it.

I was then able to verify in our test environment the scenario. Shipping the SO releases the PO. I've not been able to track down the code that is marking the PO as released, seemingly to sync it with the SO status.

Admittedly we have a lot of add-ons and customs & I do not have an easy opportunity to test in cronus environment.
  • Options
    golfergolfer Member Posts: 88
    Answer ✓
    The PO is not released in the described scenario in standard NAV/BC, so I guess you have some modifications doing this.