Options

Business Analytics with NA 4.0- Problem when creating Cube

kenlkenl Member Posts: 182
Hello all,

I have problems with Business Analytics with Navision 4.0.

I install BA and run through the demo setup and demo Cube example "Sales" with Fact table "379". Everything is ok.

However, When I define an other cube in Navision, when I run "Start Configurator", system will try to create the DB for me. However, when Creating Cube, system always throw error as:
Unable to create Cube

The cannot be an empty string

There is no information for the error to trace the problem..

Then I go back to BA Overview and delete the Cube I added. I run the Start Configurator again, the same error !!! ](*,)

Do you have any idea what is wrong for my BA Cube? I delete my Cube but the error still exist.

Thanks

[/quote]

Comments

• Options
    Hello,

In order to solve my problem, I finally delete the whole Cube and redefine a new cube. Then I run the 'Start Configuarator' again. This time, no error during the process.

I am running a standard alone installation,
    Navision: 4.0 W1

However, when I logon BA again, system throw error as
    "Windows cannot find the network path. Verify that the network path is corrrect and the destination computer is not busy or turned off. If windows still cannot find the network path, contact your network admin"

Then I go to control panel-> service, I try to restart service 'ANTDaemon' and 'ANTserver'. But when I restart 'ANTServer', system crash and said

'TARGIT ANTserver has encountered a problem and needs to close. We are sorry for the inconvenience.'

Both service is Log On as the default BA administor '.\BAUSR_MYNAME'

Any help?

I am really having problem for BA, just for the basic logon / service...
  • Options
    Hello,

Today I got another when running BA Start configurator. The error is

"Package failed because Step 'DTSStep_DTSTask_DTSDataPumpTask_9' failed"

Does anyone know what is the error mean? How can I solve it?

Just feeling I got more and more error running BA... ](*,)
  • Options
    navisi0nenavisi0ne Member Posts: 36
    you could try to take a look at the log files in Business Analytics folder. The aborted step should be in the DTS package "BA for MBS-Navision 400 - Transfer i]companyname[/i", its log file is transfer_log.txt

You could also look at the DTS package in SQL ... but I'm not a SQL expert and not able to help you
  • Options
    Hello,

Finally I got my Cube sucessfully. I believe the key is that, we have to avoid any dimension (under the same BA database but difference Cubes) to have the same name.

I hope it is useful for others.

Thanks.
    \:D/