Options

NAV Web Services Language

pcolinapcolina Member Posts: 7
Hello everyone,

We've an issue with Dynamics NAV 2016 and a SOAP Web Service reading due the captions of an Option field we have on it.

Our Dynamics NAV service is set-up properly with the language: es-ES, and the User Personalization entry for the user we are using for connecting to that Web Service also setup in ESP, we have tried with the 2 codes for Spanish: 1034 and 3082.

Unfortunately, when we connect through SOAP to that WS, the option field "Enumerations" are always in English.

User Personalization
4qjj9fecc2vw.png
g166xq1kewjb.png

Dynamics NAV Service Setup
42e34xqe7t21.png

WS Result
3qql703fxob1.png

This is occurring for all the Option fields through SOAP, but if we try to get such info through ODATA, the options are given in Spanish.

Obviously, we need that data to be expressed in Spanish.

Could anyone give us a hint of what is going on?

Thank you.

Answers

• Options
    In addition we have noticed that this has occurred after an DB update (not CU) and a Service restart.

Previously, the options were in Spanish.

• Options
    pradipradi Member Posts: 15
    Hi pcolina,

can you check in the property of the option field. The OptionCaptionML propertly should have ENU & ES as language and their respective language values to get it displayed correctly in web service.

Maybe during the upgrade the ES language translations may not be imported for the defined field.
  • Options
    vaprogvaprog Member Posts: 1,118
    I don't know if these enumeration values are taken from captions or names in the first place. I always make sure my web services are as locale independent as possible, so I was always content with English names.

Sometimes you get problems with localized names just because the localisation is not installed. Is the folder es-ES there in the folder the service tier handling the web service is installed in?

And restarting the service does help also, some time.
  • Options
    Hi there,

we always create the optionString in english, and the proper ENU and ESP captionML names.

Those enumerations you are viewing in the screenshots, are at the same time, the optionStings and ENU Captions.

8jv8et388vlf.png

The real strange part here is that this problem has just appear after adding 2 new options to that OptionString and restarting the NAV server after that.

We have also tried to undo the modification, but nothing has changed. The SOAP Service still appears always in english.

Also isn't possible an error with the server installation, as there are 3 different servers for 3 different installations for the same DB, all of them with the same case: Firstly the SOAP show the enumerations in spanish, and then only shows in english.

Anyway, we are going to lead with that, as the proper way is to work with the integer indexes assigned to each enumeration value.

I've only wrote here to share my case, and to learn about if somebody has encountered the same case.

Thank you for your answers.

Regards.