I am trying to write either a report or query which mimics the logic in the FindApplnEntriesDtldtLedgEntry() function of page 61 Applied Customer Entries. I have tried several approaches:
- Exposing Page 61 as a webservice and attempting to call it externally passing a recid or entry number (was told by our external developer that Local functions are not available outside of the object).
- Creating a codeunit that takes the logic of the FindApplnEntriesDtldtLedgEntry() function and calling that (I could not make this work).
- Creating a report which had that function embedded in it but I was not able to make this work.
- Creating a report which joins from Cust. Ledger Entry to Detailed Cust. Ledger Entry and so on using Applied Cust. Ledger Entry No being equal to Cust. Ledger Entry.Entry No, and Cust. Ledger Entry No. being equal to Entry No as per the function itself
- Creating a query which had that function embedded in it but I was not able to make this work.
I have also looked at report 211 - Customer - Payment Receipt as it seems to be close to what I am trying to achieve however that seems to be limited to payment document types whereas I would like to look at essentially every line of the Customer Ledger Entry and produce the output (i.e. if Credit Note, then what invoice it was applied to, exactly as you can see in the page view.
I am interested to know what approaches others here would take to solve this problem, or if there is something obvious I am missing. My preference would be to use like a web service passing Cust. Ledger Entry No. and getting a response but I understand this is not possible.
I am new to NAV and appreciate any help that can be offered - but not expecting others to do my work for me