Options

SMTP Mail Setup for Secure Connection Failed

puz_mepuz_me Member Posts: 18
Hi All,

I have tried to setup and use my companies SMTP server to send e-mail from NAV. The mail server is hosted on third party provider.

h6i4ltjlmep3.png

I managed to send the test e-mail using the non secure connection and port 587. But using the secure connection and port 465, it always timed out. The same secured smtp setting (port 465) has been used in my Ms. Outlook and there is no problem sending the mail via outlook.

The error message when try to send test e-mail using port 465:

Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central

The mail system returned the following error: "The operation has timed out.".
OK

Is there any reason for that or something to be set before this secure setting can be used? any information would be appreciated. Thanks.

Regards,

Philipus

Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    The third party provider, should be able to tell you what ports you need to be using, and if the are Secure or not.
    This is a setting for them on the SMTP server/firewall
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    puz_mepuz_me Member Posts: 18
    SanderDk wrote: »
    The third party provider, should be able to tell you what ports you need to be using, and if the are Secure or not.
    This is a setting for them on the SMTP server/firewall

Thanks @SanderDk. Those setting I use above is the same setting that was informed by the provider and the one I use it daily in my Ms office Outlook account. Those setting works fine on Outlook, but not on NAV or BC smtp setup. It works for the non secure setting (port 587) btw, in both NAV and BC.

I don't think this is certificate issue though, since it work on my Outlook.