Options

Cannot open 365 BC web client installed on docker

BlackdiamondBlackdiamond Member Posts: 29
Hi everyone,
I have updated my windows to window version 1903, windows 10 Enterprise. Docker is version 2.1.0.0 (36874).
I have just created new container and new image using this script using Powershell in Admin mode:

New-NavContainer -accept_eula -containerName "bcsandbox" -auth NavUserPassword -imageName "mcr.microsoft.com/businesscentral/sandbox:dk" -useBestContainerOS -updatehostpxnsihdavfbl.png

I get a status yesterday with container bcsandbox succesfully created. I was also able to use link created on desktop to open 365 BC on Cloud, which means I could log to 365 BC using username and password.

I am not able to use same created link on my desktop today. After a while it time out. "ERR_CONNECTION_TIMED_OUT"
I have tried to use several hours to search on Google but I am not able to find an answer.

Please help or advice which information do you need to assist me.
Thanks

Best Answer

Answers

• Options
    PhoguePhogue Member Posts: 76
    Hi @Blackdiamond , can you share the full output from the New-NavContainer script?
  • Options
    Wisa123Wisa123 Member Posts: 308
    Hi,

Use the -updateHosts flag when creating your container with New-NavContainer, or you will not be able to access it by name. You should be able to access your container via IP though.
    Freddy should really place the flag more prominently in the documentation, took me way too long to realize it even exists.

/Wisa
    Austrian NAV/BC Dev
  • Options
    phogue wrote: »
    Hi @Blackdiamond , can you share the full output from the New-NavContainer script?

Hi Phogue,
    How do I create New-NavContainer script again. I installed this container yesterday?
  • Options
    Wisa123 wrote: »
    Hi,

Use the -updateHosts flag when creating your container with New-NavContainer, or you will not be able to access it by name. You should be able to access your container via IP though.
    Freddy should really place the flag more prominently in the documentation, took me way too long to realize it even exists.

/Wisa

Hi Wisa,
    Can you please elaborate in examples in more detail. What do you mean by "-updateHosts flag".
  • Options
    PhoguePhogue Member Posts: 76
    edited 2019-08-06
    Hi Wisa,
    Can you please elaborate in examples in more detail. What do you mean by "-updateHosts flag".

Hi @Blackdiamond
    I am pretty sure that Wisa meant to add "-updateHosts" to your launching command, i.e. replacing
    New-NavContainer .... -updatehost

with:
    New-NavContainer .... -updateHosts

as there seems to be a typo.

This command updates your hosts file (located in windows->system32->drivers->etc) and adds the ip of your container, allowing you to connect using the name of your container in your browser, instead of having to use the container's ip to connect.

Descriptions of all the parameters can be found in the source code for the New-Navcontainer script
  • Options
    phogue wrote: »
    Hi Wisa,

Hi @Blackdiamond
    I am pretty sure that Wisa meant to add "-updateHosts" to your launching command, i.e. replacing
    New-NavContainer .... -updatehost

with:
    New-NavContainer .... -updateHosts

as there seems to be a typo.

This command updates your hosts file (located in windows->system32->drivers->etc) and adds the ip of your container, allowing you to connect using the name of your container in your browser, instead of having to use the container's ip to connect.

Descriptions of all the parameters can be found in the source code for the New-Navcontainer script

Thanks I will do that next time. Good point :-)
  • Options
    Answer ✓