Options

AS 400 integration with Navision?

muratkmuratk Member Posts: 21
has any Navision project done with the AS400 integration especially for the Warehouse management? We are working on the integration of Navision warehouse module with the AS 400 bilaterally.
If you have any integration with AS400, it does not matter in which module, please give us a help about integration part.
Thank you

Comments

• Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    You mean an AS400 application, interfaced with Navision?

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    well not exactly.

customer's main system is AS400 all around the world. All the finans transactions, invoicing, purchasing etc. is tracked in AS400. What we need is, using only the warehouse part of Navision ( especially we will may be use ADCS or Terminal Services for barcode tracking ) and we need to integrate those transactions to AS 400.

Also Navision needs to receive data from AS400. For example; Navision will keep track of warehouse management facilities and will send these to AS400 for G/L transactions. But also Navision will get data from AS 400 like shipments and receipts.
  • Options
    krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,090
    I have done 1 project with AS400. The central server was AS400 and the different salespersons had a Navision DB on their portables and went around the world to add/modify customers and sales orders. These were then exported to a file. This was send to the central server and imported in AS400.
    The AS400 exported customers, confirmed sales orders, inventory, ... to textfiles and those were imported into Navision DB.
    To export the files from AS400, they used a program (don't know anymore which one) in Windows that connected to the AS400 and this exported the files in ASCII.
    So it is not so difficult. The only thing is : you need a program (I think best on AS400) to convert EBCDIC to ASCII and vice versa.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• Options
    WaldoWaldo Member Posts: 3,412
    I think it's all a matter of interfacing. What needs to be interfaced has to be analyzed off course, but I think it's do-able.

Our project:
    Main system (except accountancy/Finance) was AS400. For accountancy/finance, we had to synchronize different tables tables like "G/L Account", "Vendor", "Customer", ... .

We are using some kind of NAS-based job scheduler which works like a charm: http://www.ifacto.be/Default.aspx?tabid=109 .

Eric Wauters
    MVP - Microsoft Dynamics NAV
    My blog
  • Options
    thank you for the informations. i think we need to decide the way if we will use txt transaction or syncronization. this will be the first warehouse project in TR. Also this will be the first integration with AS 400 platform. So we are a little bit carefull before selling the project otherwise we can fail.

thank you again.

Best Regards
    Murat
  • Options
    buraklinalburaklinal Member Posts: 11
    kriki wrote:
    I have done 1 project with AS400. The central server was AS400 and the different salespersons had a Navision DB on their portables and went around the world to add/modify customers and sales orders. These were then exported to a file. This was send to the central server and imported in AS400.
    The AS400 exported customers, confirmed sales orders, inventory, ... to textfiles and those were imported into Navision DB.
    To export the files from AS400, they used a program (don't know anymore which one) in Windows that connected to the AS400 and this exported the files in ASCII.
    So it is not so difficult. The only thing is : you need a program (I think best on AS400) to convert EBCDIC to ASCII and vice versa.

how did you handle the database duplication (I meant add-on or what tool)