Visual studio nested tables

blackc2005blackc2005 Member Posts: 18
Hi all, I am trying to create a report in NAV 2013 for our shipments which shows the items and then the lot numbers that were shipped. I've created the report but I cannot figure out how to add a second table on the report to show the lot numbers. Does anyone have documentation or examples of this?

Answers

• TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    Convert a report with txt2al tool.
  • blackc2005blackc2005 Member Posts: 18
    TallyHo wrote: »
    Convert a report with txt2al tool.

This is completely unhelpful?
    I'm sorry you're right. I'm too much in BC these days. Why don't you just use one of the many standard reports as An example?
  • blackc2005blackc2005 Member Posts: 18
    TallyHo wrote: »
    I'm sorry you're right. I'm too much in BC these days. Why don't you just use one of the many standard reports as An example?

Ok, can you point me to a standard report that has something like this so I can look at it? I have looked at tons of them and cannot find one that has document lines + lot no's on it.
    edited 2019-06-27
    Nested tables do not really exist in VS. You have to group and filter your dataset to get the desired result. I do not know how to explain this in limited time. Took me a lot of practice to get this right. Almost all reports deal with this slightly different
  • mucamuca Member Posts: 42
    There You have relation between Sales Shipment Line -> Item Ledger Entries using table 6507 Item Entry Relation
    in this table You can filter this shipment line using "Source ID", "Source Type", "Source ....."
    This table have a Field "Item Entry No." (Entry No from Item Ledger)
    so
    For each sales shipment line I collect related item ledger entries (temp record in my report) and after each shipment line add repeater to show lots,serials,expirationdate .... what ever You need from related item ledger entries.
    Sales Shipment Header
    - Sales Shipment Lines
    -- Item Ledger Entries (temp record)

P.S. simplest way there can be like navigation... so separated section after all shipment lines, that show all Item Ledger entries for this document ;o)
    Sales Shipment Header
    - Sales Shipment Lines
    - Item Ledger Entris