Options

Posting Date Issue for Internal Batch Job (Adjust Cost - Item Entries)

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
edited 2019-06-25 in NAV Three Tier
Dear Sir,

The End Users are restricted through Allow Posting From & Allow Posting To in User Setup Table. The Automatic Cost Posting is ticked in Inventory Setup Master Table. For this reason (?) sometimes Users are facing the error message like ...06-06-2019 is not within the range of posting dates for your company. while posting any Item related Transaction.

The System is trying to post any cost but can't do the same due to Allow Posting From & Allow Posting To restrictions in User Setup Table.

I just want that system should allow those transactions (backdated) which are happening internally (system generated entries).

How to avoid this type of issues in the future?

Please suggest your best!

Thanks,
Navuser1
Now or Never

Answers

• Options
    TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
    I don't know if the accountants will be happy when they find out that GL entries have been created in a closed year. But I know what you mean. On the other hand, you want the entries to be date wise as close as possible to the entries they result from. I remember writing code once that used the first allowed posting date (user wise) when the posting date was too far in the past. We used a NAS user to process the job.
  • Options
    navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    edited 2019-06-25
    TallyHo wrote: »
    I don't know if the accountants will be happy when they find out that GL entries have been created in a closed year. But I know what you mean. On the other hand, you want the entries to be date wise as close as possible to the entries they result from. I remember writing code once that used the first allowed posting date (user wise) when the posting date was too far in the past. We used a NAS user to process the job.

Thanks for your reply.

I will provide sufficient date range in the User Setup table if the User is executing the NAV Batch Job in NAS so that he can not fall in trouble in this kind of situation.

But my situation is different.
    Now or Never