Default Dimension

navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
Dear Sir,

I have defined BRANCH as Global Dimension 1 Code in General Ledger Setup Master. Now I want to set two Default Dimension values (Branch1 & Branch2) in a Particular Vendor Master. How Could I do that in Standard NAV?

Kindly reply,
navuser1
Now or Never

Answers

• KTA8KTA8 Member Posts: 388
    You should go to each vendor, select dimensions and insert that dimension and the value.
  • navuser1navuser1 Member Posts: 1,329
    Thanks for your reply. My Question is the system will allow me to select more than one dimension value for BRANCH?
    Now or Never
  • SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    No then you need to use a shortcut dimension too
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
    edited 2019-05-22
    SanderDk wrote: »
    No then you need to use a shortcut dimension too

How ?

As far as I know in default navision, we can not assign two (default) dimension value code (Branch1 & Branch2) against a single Dimension in respective of Global or Short cut.

Now or Never
    You should review that need because it's against business logic.
    edited 2019-05-22
    KTA8 wrote: »
    You should review that need because it's against business logic.
    A Client wants to apply a restriction on (default) dimension value selection.
    Users are restricted/allowed to select only one from Branch1 or Branch2.

And the system should throw an error message if any other dimension value is selected.
    Now or Never
    Ok, now I think I undestand it. That requirement is for only vender, for a group?
    Let me clarify the actual scenario, suppose in the vendor master I have a vendor called Randsand Group of Company (V0001). And I want to set two default Dimensions(Branch1 & Branch2) on its Transaction level.

If someone does any transaction on the vendor - V0001 then he/she must have to choose anyone from the BRANCH Dimension Values List, either She/he will select Branch1 or Branch2 dimension code from BRANCH Dimension Code List.
    Now or Never
    So, only one vendor has that behaviour. Maybe you should evaluate giving a special dimension for it. Because the other option, as far as I know, it's to develop it and it could be quite hard becuase it's dimension.
    No. It's not restricted to one. The Client wants to bind the multiple Dimension Value Code against a Single Dimension Code in Default Dimension Master Setup Which is not available in Standard Navision(I think).
    avcksegznyky.jpg
    Now or Never