Options

Type libraries access for 4.0 upgrade

BokkBokk Member Posts: 138
I am working on an upgrade from 3.10 to 4.0 and have imported all the objects, including customizations. When I compiled the objects, I have got a selection that give the following error message: "Could not load the selected type library."

Where and how do I get access to and connect to the appropriate libraries?

Thanks!
SGM

Comments

• Options
    SbhatSbhat Member Posts: 301
    You should have them in Navision CD. Its looking for all the .DLL files which are in Navision CD.

SB.
  • Options
    kinekine Member Posts: 12,562
    May be, that you want to compile objects which are connected to commerce gateway (biztalk libraries are needed) or objects connected to office (office 2k3 are needed) etc. Check which objects you are not able to compile...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    You don't HAVE to have everything compile. Like Kine said, some objects in the CG area use automation servers that will never be used if your cusotmer doesn't use CG. When they install the CG components, all necessary dll's wil be installed as well and those objects should work just fine from there.

The trick in an upgrade is to find out which objects don't compile, and investigate why that is. If it is because of funcitonality that your customer doesn't use, then don't worry about it.
  • Options
    Sorry, but be worry about it if you have some tables not compiled. If you have some tables not compiled, you can have problem when you are renaming some records in other tables... :-)
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Well that falls under the category 'functionality that the customer uses' doesn't it. Usually when I compile all objects in a customer database, I resolve all table compilation issues, but I don't worry about the biztalk codeunit if my customer doesn't use CG.

I'm not saying 'dont worry about objects that dont compile', but I am saying 'investigate each compilation issue, because you dont have to solve all of them'.

Of course, if there is a compilation error in the Customer table, you want to resolve that issue.
  • Options
    I understand, how did you mean that... :-) It is only problem, when you merge all objects in text (including not customized objects) and after import you have all imported objects not compiled...

Of course if you are upgrading correctly and you do not touch objects which was not touched, all is ok...
    Kamil Sacek
    MVP - Dynamics NAV
    My BLOG
    NAVERTICA a.s.
  • Options
    BokkBokk Member Posts: 138
    Thanks for everyone's input. There were definitely bizTalk objects which this applied to which I don't require. There was one object I wondered if we will require access to and will look further into that. I wanted to confirm there wasn't a step I was missing entirely.

Thanks again!!
    SGM