Options

Convert NAV Page Object to AL(show more than 100 problems)

vijay_gvijay_g Member Posts: 884
Hi,

I tried convert page to AL and it shows so many problems. i found the issue such as function is not defined, variable is not in context. actually if i see in AL object it is not in place where it is in standard page(after checking standard page in go to defination).

can someone please guide what is the proper way to convert nav object?

Thanks in advance.

Answers

• Options
    Developer101Developer101 Member Posts: 528
    What way did you use? did you use txt2AL? if you did then you might have done something wrong because there shouldnt' be 100 problems, you need to revisit it.
    United Kingdom
  • Options
    i use this command txt2al.exe --source=%UserProfile%\Documents\CAL2AL\CAL\ --target=%UserProfile%\Documents\CAL2AL\AL\
  • Options
    its ok. shouldnt be a problem, yes there could be few issues but not 100. Is page has link to the related objects? You might need to convert them too.
    United Kingdom
  • Options
    actually those 100 problems are repeatative. like some functions are called many times and it count each a problem. i found after compare with standard AL page code , Var and functions are shifted different place in page. after i put all var as per standard page all variable related issues are gone. now same issue with functions so i need to copy functions and put them in right place to remove error.

thanks for your prompt reply.
  • Options
    That's right you need some adjustment so its not too bad :)
    United Kingdom