Options

Problem with license file

jorgitojorgito Member Posts: 115
Dear all.

I have the following problem.

I have created a database with the developer's license, which gives me full permissions. Using the developer's license, i have inserted data in various tables, such as Customer, Item, Invoices etc.

Later, I have decided to change the license to the client's license. When I tried to insert data in some master tables (e.g. Customers), I get an error saying that I do not have permissions on some other tables, e.g. Service Item, Change Log Setup etc.

I tried backing up the old database and restoring it in a new database that I created using the client's license file, but I get the same error.

I also tried using the Setup Checklist, but it doesn't copy the data from the above tables.

How can I regain the permissions using the client's license file, without deleting any of the inserted data?

Thanks a lot
Jorgito

Comments

• Options
    AdministratorAdministrator Member, Moderator, Administrator Posts: 2,496
    Please dont crosspost [-X See http://www.mibuso.com/forum/viewtopic.php?t=7320
  • Options
    I am sorry about that, but I found out that I had posted in the wrong forum.
  • Options
    Timo_LässerTimo_Lässer Member Posts: 481
    Because your developver license has allowed you to insert data into some tables, Navision has inserted data there.
    Now, if you try to use the "normal" license, Navision find data in these tables but has no permissions for that.

Mostly this is the case if some Setup Tables has a record, then the corresponding tables will be filled.
    If you would not have the permission to insert the record in the setup table, Navision didn't find any record there and doesn't fill the corresponding tables.

I hope you understand what I mean. :-k
    Timo Lässer
    Microsoft Dynamics NAV Developer since 1997
    MSDynamics.de - German Microsoft Dynamics Community - member of [clip]
  • Options
    I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

Anyway, I think I understand the problem, but I need to find a solution for it.

If you can provide a solution and an example, I would be grateful.

Thanx,
    Jorgito
  • Options
    ovicashovicash Member Posts: 141
    jorgito wrote:
    I am not sure I understand what you are saying.

Anyway, I think I understand the problem, but I need to find a solution for it.

If you can provide a solution and an example, I would be grateful.

Thanx,
    Jorgito

I had the same problem. I loged again with the developer licence, I deleted the data from the tables that the client license doesnt' have acces, relogin with the client licence and DONE \:D/ Normally you can safely delete the data. Be careful anyway [-X

As one of the previous posts said, when using the developer licence Navision writes in some tables that clinet license doesn't have acces.
    ovidiu

Best Regards
  • Options
    And how do you find the tables that need to be emptied.

You can't rely on having the client use the product and every time he gets a "no persmissions" error, go to his site and empty the appropriate table.

How can I find the tables that the clien't license does NOT have access and empty them, before I take the db to the client?

Any help is welcome.

Regards,
    Jorgito
  • Options
    fbfb Member Posts: 246
    How can I find the tables that the clien't license does NOT have access and empty them, before I take the db to the client?
    Excellent question...

One possible solution: create a Report (that can run after changing to the client's license) that lists the following:

Find records in Table 2000000028 - "Table Information" with a non-zero "No. of Records", where the equivalent record in Table 2000000043 - "License Permission" has no "Read Permission"...