Options

Table relationship in Navision (Cronus Company as Example)

koaladokoalado Member Posts: 70
Anyone who can give me suggestions on the relationship between tables in Navision? I mean the big picture of the relatioinsihp winthin different modules. I really hope to know when users do daily operation, which table will be affect? For example, when buyer fill a PO and post to Finance account, which tables will be affect, and also other actions in the example company.

Thanks a lot !

Comments

• Options
    nelsonnelson Member Posts: 107
    Try to use the Navigate feature.
    If you post a Purchase Invoice, you can navigate and see all entries connected to it (G/L, Vendor, Item, VAT, etc.).
    Nelson Alberto
  • Options
    SavatageSavatage Member Posts: 7,142
    I agree with nelson, but you can take a look at this too

http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=472
    Per Mogensen

Description: For someone who starts a deeper look into the Navision datamodel, it is very "hard to see the trees in the forest".
    What I mean it is hard to become a fast Navision datamodel overview.

Last week ago one of my collegues (he's a big Navision fan like me) had an interesting idea:
    "Let's implement a table relation viewer".

Said and done. Here is our V1.0 of tBrowser.

Version v1.2:
    - new button print & new report 54000: generates a HTML-Version of table rel.
    - form 54000: shows non-defined relations (beta version, not yet full activated) - new form 54002: non-defined relations (beta version, not yet full activated)
    - new dataports 54000/54001: export/import non-defined relations (beta version, not yet full activated)

Non-defined rel. are these like Sales Header -> Sales Line, G/L Account-> G/L Ledger, ...
    The future idea is to define these relations manually in a table allowing tBrowser to show also the relations.
    (Version 1.3 follows as soon as possible)

Version v1.1:
    - form 54000: tool tips added
    - Readme.txt: section "usage" added
    or
    http://www.mibuso.com/dlinfo.asp?FileID=398
    NaviTools.com

Description: Entity Relationship diagram/Data model for Microsoft Navision.

NEW: Free Lite version of all granules.
    NEW: Microsoft Visio version available.

Version 1.2:
    NEW: Microsoft Visio Lite version (pdf-file)