Options

names of MASTER tables / 40-221 (Development I) exam

IT_integroIT_integro Member Posts: 4
Hi everyone,
I'm preparing for the 40-221 exam next week and there is one subject I cannot find documentation on: what is the MASTER table for each functional area (knowing there can be more than one).
Can anyone help where to find it?
Also I will appreciate any sample questions you may have - email me at luki@it.pl. Many thanks!!! Lukasz

Comments

• Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    Some examples :
    General Ledger : 15 G/L Account
    Cash Management: 270 Bank Account
    Sales & Receivables : 18 Customer
    Purchase & Payables : 23 Vendor
    Inventory : 27 Item
    Fixed Assets : 5600 Fixed Asset, 5628 Insurance
    Human Resources : 5200 Employee
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Thanks Kowa, this is helpful - I figure out that normally the master table is represented by a card form that comes first in a given menu (I'm talking of the new 4.0 navigation pane menu).

However I can't figure out whether the 'business areas' are the same as main menus in the navigation pane...

So for example you are talking about the 'Inventory', but there is a 'Warehouse' menu now (4.0), while Items are set up within 'Purchase' menu (where the master is Vendor table). So this is a bit confusing...

I found these 2 questions somewhere in sample exam Q&A's:

20) The master table for Financial Area is

a) Currency
    b) Bank Account
    c) Customer
    d) General Journal
    e) G/L Entry

72) Which of the Functional area has more then one master table?

question 20 - would it be G/L entry?

question 72 - are you sure that for fixed assets, both Fixed Assets and Insurance tables are masters?

What about master tables for Manufacturing, and CRM?

Lukasz
  • Options
    KowaKowa Member Posts: 918
    IT integro wrote:

question 20 - would it be G/L entry?

question 72 - are you sure that for fixed assets, both Fixed Assets and Insurance tables are masters?

What about master tables for Manufacturing, and CRM?

Lukasz

A Ledger Entry table never is a master table, but a Ledger Table. Other table types are Supplemental ( e.g. Currency), Subsidary (e.g. "Item Vendor"), Journal and Register.

There was a Excel Sheet published once which stated that Fixed Assets has these two master tables ( but sometimes the exam answers do not correspond :roll: )
    I'm not sure about the other areas, but I'd guess Manufacturing has the item table too as Master. CRM is divided into Service and Relationship Management, so I'd guess 5940 Service Item and 5050 Contact respectively.

"Warehouse" in 4.0 integrates "Inventory" and "Warehouse Management" as used in 3.70.
    Kai Kowalewski
  • Options
    Just to finish this thread with a nice note, I just passed my exam with 94% huh I'm happy! Thanks again.
  • Options
    DenSterDenSter Member Posts: 8,304
    Hey that is excellent news, congratulations!
    =D> =D> =D> =D>
  • Options
    EleEle Member Posts: 1
    Hi ,
    I'm preparing for the 40-221 exam next week ,but I have a question.. the questions in the exam are the same questions that we can find in the training manuals?if the answer is yes,please someone can post the questions and the answers in this book or if you have passed the exam please you can post the examples?
    If you can I thank you,this is very important for some peoples I think..

Bye