Options

NAV2016 Report generated using SAVEASPDF doesn't display certain fields on the report.

rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
HI all,

We're on NAV2016 CU32. I have a report (the Customer Statement - customized) that we have a nightly batch job that generates statements and emails them to customers. The code that does this (custom) uses the SAVEASPDF function to execute the report and generate the PDF.

When received by the customer, the PDF of the statement is missing a handful of fields - the company logo, the remit-to address and some other fields.

When I print the report using the client, or generate a PDF directly from the report options dialog box, the report prints/displays perfectly. It's only when the service tier runs the report using SAVEASPDF that the problem exists.

The report does not use SETDATA or GETDATA - we re-designed the report to not use these functions.

The network printer/driver that I use on my workstation is also installed on the service tier server.

The service tier is set to use Report PDF Font Embedding.

Has anyone experienced anything like this? I did see one post here that said the location of the SETDATA fields affected certain fields from printing, but we're not using that function in this report.

Thanks,

Ron
Ron

Answers

• Options
    SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    If you report using custom font? (None standard)
    Even if you have set the Font embedding on server try setting it in the report:
    n2a9o03r5od6.png

https://docs.microsoft.com/en-us/dynamics-nav/pdffontembedding-property
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • Options
    rsaritzkyrsaritzky Member Posts: 469
    Hi Sander. No custom fonts (report is all Arial but different sizes), and changing the PDFFontEmbedding property to "Yes" or "No" doesn't affect the problem - it's the same.

Thx

Ron
    Ron