Options

BC Importing Control Add-ins

TallyHoTallyHo Member Posts: 383
edited 2018-12-18 in NAV Three Tier
Hi,

I'm upgrading data from NAV 2016 to BC 13.1(13.0.25924.0).
Following the steps on docs.microsoft.com I've now come to the point
that the control add-ins must be registered. This does not seem to work anymore.
From the Webclient nor the RTC.

I can select the .zip file that contains it, but it does not result to a registered line in the
Control Add-ins page. There is some blob data in the newly created line, but key values and
other data that should be evaluated stays empty.

Before:
qfdxj54769ta.png

In between a message appears that the import has been succesful.

After:
wgyookuwwm9o.png

As you can see the boolean appears for imported data, but the add-in is not evaluated correctly.

Dit anyone encounter this problem, and solve it?

Best Answer

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Info in deleted lines should be filled in manually
    solved it with powershell.

Java addins:
    New-NAVAddin -AddInName Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart -PublicKeyToken 31bf3856ad364e35 -ServerInstance BC130 -Category "JavaScriptControlAddin" -Description BusinessChart -ResourceFile "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central\130\Service\Add-ins\BusinessChart\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.zip"

DotNet addins:
    New-NAVAddin -AddInName Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.PingPong -PublicKeyToken 31bf3856ad364e35 -ServerInstance BC130 -Category "DotNetControlAddin" -Description PingPong -ResourceFile "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central\130\Service\Add-ins\PingPong\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.PingPong.zip"

The dotnet addins are not pre-zipped in the servicetier folder. I did this myself before executing the scripts.

Answers

• Options
    Answer ✓
    Info in deleted lines should be filled in manually
    solved it with powershell.

Java addins:
    New-NAVAddin -AddInName Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart -PublicKeyToken 31bf3856ad364e35 -ServerInstance BC130 -Category "JavaScriptControlAddin" -Description BusinessChart -ResourceFile "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central\130\Service\Add-ins\BusinessChart\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.BusinessChart.zip"

DotNet addins:
    New-NAVAddin -AddInName Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.PingPong -PublicKeyToken 31bf3856ad364e35 -ServerInstance BC130 -Category "DotNetControlAddin" -Description PingPong -ResourceFile "C:\Program Files\Microsoft Dynamics 365 Business Central\130\Service\Add-ins\PingPong\Microsoft.Dynamics.Nav.Client.PingPong.zip"

The dotnet addins are not pre-zipped in the servicetier folder. I did this myself before executing the scripts.