Can't run multiple NAV CU Instances on same machine since NAV2018 CU5

AndreasocAndreasoc Member Posts: 2
Hello, maybe someone of you has the same problem.
We must have a lot of different CU versions on a VM, from NAV 2013 - NAV365. But since NAV2018 CU5 it seems that is not possible to work still with the mibuso Service Administration Tool. The Problem is that the RTC and "Classic" Client crashes. I can delete the config files, so it is possible to start the clients over the exe directly, but for example if I click in the development environment on desgin in code unit, the client crashes.
I tested this on other VMs with the same result.
I think the only solution is to work with docker or VMs with only one NAV Version.

Answers

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!

• krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    PS: we have the same problem. But it is not because there are multiple versions. We have a server per NAV version and we noticed that on our NAV2018 server the RTC and classic clients crash. We haven't found out why yet.
    Funny thing is that everything runs fine on my W10 laptop. I just connect to the DB from my laptop or to the Service running on NAV2018 from my laptop and that works fine.
    Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!