I'm working on a Swedish client for an on premise installation and this client has some non-extension based third party objects that are generally used in Sweden NAV installs that are in a part of the 12 million range of object numbers. I am able to download symbols without error, however Visual Studio Code complains that it cannot find the symbols for any of these objects for the third party solution. Currently this client is in a test system prior to implementation and is running our our developer license which emphatically does have permissions to this object range.
Since I have a need to use some of these tables and codeunits in my extension, this is causing a problem. I have done the following:
(We are on BC CU 1)
- Made sure I have the correct version of the AL development tools for Visual Studio code (2.0.56865)
- Recompiled all objects.
- Built server application objects (through the "classic" developer interface)
- Sync schema for all tables (through the "classic" developer interface)
- Run the finsql command=generatesymbolreference successfully (output to log file, no errors or warnings) multiple times.
- Restarted the service multiple times between each of these steps.
Note that both the web client and RTC can be run and pages and tables that are part of this third party solution can be viewed/run without issue, so I am reasonably comfortable in saying this is almost certainly not a permission issue, unless visual studio code has a limitation in that regard.
Does anybody have any ideas on what it might be that I am missing? Everything works except use of these third party objects and I cannot find any reason why those symbols might not be loaded.