Pass nav parameters through C/AL to a DLL in C#.

MendoNAVMendoNAV Member Posts: 5
I am making a DLL to change the font format, size, color. . . for each field and I would like to know if it is possible to pass these parameters through C/AL to the DLL, so I don't have to be modifying the DLL for each change.

If someone has a guide or could explain it to me.

Thank you!

Answers

• SanderDkSanderDk Member Posts: 497
    Depending on your NAV version it is possible.
    In your dll you create a methode with parameters in the function, when from C/AL you will see that you need to pass on the parameters.
    After that you need to handle the different parameter i your DLL
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • MendoNAVMendoNAV Member Posts: 5
    SanderDk wrote: »
    In your dll you create a methode with parameters in the function, when from C/AL you will see that you need to pass on the parameters.

Can in NAV 110?
    MendoNAV wrote: »

Can in NAV 110?

Yes, just create your function i your dll, and import it into NAV
    For help, do not use PM, use forum instead, perhaps other people have the same question, or better answers.
  • MendoNAVMendoNAV Member Posts: 5
    MendoNAV wrote: »

Can in NAV 110?

Yes, just create your function i your dll, and import it into NAV

I already have the DLL imported to NAV working correctly, what I wanted to know is if through C/AL code values can be passed to avoid having to modify, compile and paste the DLL in the NAV/addin folder every time I want to make a change. I don't know if this is possible.
    yes it can but your DLL need to be developed to receive values.
  • krikikriki Member, Moderator Posts: 9,094
    [Topic moved from 'NAV/Navision Classic Client' forum to 'NAV Three Tier' forum]

Regards,Alain Krikilion
    No PM,please use the forum. || May the <SOLVED>-attribute be in your title!